Monday, September 8, 2008

The Life in a Day of Me......

I wake each day wondering what it will bring..... I have a wonderful family, home, job and friends..........."What will I experience today?" I think....... Then the new day arrives! An example of my daily trials is........Friday......I'm leaving work at 4:30 pm. Call my husband (as usual) to see if we need anything while I'm on my way home. He is telling me that he is outside with the baby chick, all of the other chickens (and rooster) are roaming the front yard, the dog and cats are out also and there is such harmony amongst them......................until...he comes back into the house to put the baby chick back and he observes Cloe (my stepdaughters' cat) stalking the rooster! Before I could say "What! Is she crazy!" I hear nothin but RAAAAAAAAAAAAWRRRRRR............BBBBBBBBBBBUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKK! RAWWRRRRRRRRR! and my husband telling me he has got to go....CLICK... The silence at that point was killing me! All I can think of is, the Rooster killed the cat! Being 45 minutes away from home, it was tormenting not knowing what was happening. I didn't want to call back because I might interrupt my husband trying to control the situation............so I just waited and drove home. I pull up into the driveway to find my husband yielding the shotgun. Come to find out, it was not the Rooster that was attacking Cloe.....it was a Raccoon! In broad daylight at our front steps! Cloe was a trooper and defended herself rather well until my husband kicked the raccoon off of her so she could get away. This in turn lead to a trip to the Vet. While my stepdaughter was on her way to the Vet, she called us (not 15 minutes after she left) to say that she was at the gas station because her car blew a head gasket. So on our way we go to rescue her AND the cat. Two and a half hours and $250 later (at my stepdaughters' expense) we arrived back home with meds and instructions in hand to care for the cat and plans to fix the car in the morning. Then the storm hits...........Power goes out, rains come down, winds blow and we can only sleep and wish for a bright tomorrow!

No comments: