Monday, September 22, 2008

THE BIG E


The Big E is a huge fair that takes place in Mass. every year. It is a combined effort of all of the New England States. There are even replica Capitol buildings of each of the states located on one street and you can visit each state building and learn just about everything you want to know about that state. My mission was Rhode Island. I had to get some Clam Cakes (Fritters) and Chowder! I must say.............It was the BEST!!! We also saw the Budweiser Clydesdales and all kinds of farm animals (show animals). I was in a mini-heaven! Kids were showing their cattle and milking cows, horses, sheep, goats, chickens etc. It was truly a blast. I had my camera in tote hoping to capture that award winning picture to submit to the non-professional ameteur photo contest, and after taking quite a few pics...............I fell in love with one and here it is. I can't wait to see who wins! First place is $20 !!! Regardless of the outcome, it was a wonderful day. The weather was beautiful and we had the whole day to just take it all in. Can't wait til next year!



1 comment:

Jeremiah Russell said...

Kids were milking chickens??!! What the hell kind of fair was this?! ;-)